Thursday, June 30, 2011

PBars

I love when we have meeting at work & I get to use it as an excuse to make something for people! I think I use this excuse rather often...but hey, why not?!

I only had a little bit of time after hitting the gym & going out to dinner the other night, so I needed to make something quick. Something I don't actually have to bake?! Ok, let's try it out.

Here we have a bottom layer made like rice crispy treats, but with corn flakes instead. This was the layer that required a little cooking, but not baking.

All it took was a little sugar caramelized, with a little butter poured over the corn flakes. Smoosh it down in the bottom of a pan & there ya go. Seriously, cutting the perfectly is more challenging than actually making them!

The next layer...simply required warming up and mixing. Peanut butter & chocolate melted together, then poured over the 1st layer. Still, pretty easy, right?!

The top layer...again, really just warming up some chocolate, corn syrup & butter. Then, spread over the 2nd layer.  I feel like I could be on the Food Network now - technically this could be on Semi-Homemade! LOL. Ok...can't do too many more of these types of recipes :D

2 comments:

  1. Lani- what advise can you offer for cutting perfect squares? not only diameter but size as well? mine always end up miss matched and oftentimes just plain sloppy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sandy! In all honesty, use a ruler to mark where you need to cut. Sometimes, you have to cut off edges to make perfect squares, too. Also, run your knife under hot water, wipe dry, then cut. Repeat every time you make a cut...kind of a pain, but it is the only way!

    ReplyDelete