Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My most FAVORITE cookie recipe ever (cause I can eat them!)

This is one thing I make that I will actually eat! I found this recipe in a magazine called Oxygen - a fitness magazine. So, of course it is a 'healthy' version of a cookie. but I SWEAR, try it...the recipe is as good as a regular cookie recipe!












Almond Butter Chocolate Cookie
yield, 24

1 C. Natural Almond Butter (I get mine at Trader Joes)
3/4 C. Sucanat (this is a sugar that is minimally processed - Whole Foods)
1 Egg
1/2 t Baking Soda
1/4 t Kosher Salt
3 oz  Chocolate, chopped
3 T Unsweetened Coconut, shredded (this was my addition to the recipe)

Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Put everything but the chocolate in the bowl of a mixer & mix until combined.
Once mixed well, add the chocolate & mix again just until combined.
Line baking tray with parchment paper & use an ice cream scooper to make evenly sized cookie dough balls.
Place evenly on baking tray (probably divided between 2 trays).
Bake for 10-12 minutes.

This recipe is awesome, because there is no flour of any kind! I know it is hard to believe they will actually be anything like a cookie, but they are!
these don't spread a lot

finished cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment