Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day means Cake!!!

First, Happy Father's Day to my dad! And everyone else who is a dad! And...seriously, if you are in my area, this cake is for the taking if you are or have an awesome dad and want a cake to celebrate with (message me).

I just frosted a Father's Day cake and it is 2AM! Like I said…disordered? Probably! Not to mention, my dad doesn't live here, so I can't even give him the cake!

I got a book called Baked. It was written by a guy who owns a bakery called Baked (visit the site). I saw pictures of this cakes and became obsessed with making this awesome swirl on the top of a cake like he does! Couldn't stop thinking about it…

So, having some extra cake batter from the last cupcakes I made, I just baked a cake. Had extra frosting…and just HAD to try it out. I was excited, because I emailed Baked asking them how they did the swirl. Matt Lewis, the creator of Baked, actually emailed me back himself letting me know how they did this! Just a spoon or spatula with a turn table. That is sort of what I thought…but, figured I'd ask for reassurance before attempting on my own.


Well low and behold…I am good at the swirl! This was my first try. Seriously, I know I can do this stuff! Why do I always think I won't be able to! Here is a view of the top! I was (am) SO excited about this! Now I can't wait to need to make another cake! Oh yeah...I didn't need this one...Ummm, let me know if you need a cake?! Please??

No comments:

Post a Comment