Saturday, July 9, 2011

When Brownies & Cookies get baked together

I'm obsessed with something I saw at Williams-Sonoma. A boxed product from...you guess it, Baked...called The Brookster. It is a brownie with a chocolate chip cookie baked on top. SA-WEET.

Of course, I had to attempt to do this on my own - I am NOT going to buy a mix.


In theory, I can make this from scratch...this picture is of the brownie batter mid-process of being topped with the cookie dough. Everything looks as if it will work...
Well, it kinda worked, but I used too much of everything. Too much brownie batter topped with too giant of a cookie. Ok...
They still look kind of cool baked together and cut.

The best attempt (see 1st picture) - I used less of everything! Actually a very small amount. 2 tablespoons of brownie batter into a cupcake pan, then chilled for 1 hour. Then, topped with 1 tablespoon of cookie dough, flattened out. Baked for about 17 minutes at 350 degrees. Still needs work...this is not perfection...and it is driving me nuts!...

No comments:

Post a Comment