Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Burnt Whiskey Caramel Ice Cream & Brownie Cubes

Ice Cream & Brownie Cubes
If you didn't know that I really don't eat dessert (VERY rarely), you'd probably think I am obsessed with brownies. Well, I kind of am, because if I ate dessert, I'd eat like, a million brownies - as least!

I made these brownie cubes because I had to trim the edges off the

pan of brownies I made to make perfectly cut squares. But, not wanting to waste the scraps, I figured it would go well on ice cream. Right?!

I didn't want some milk in my fridge to go bad, so I decided to make a lot of ice cream base, which would allow me to made a number of different flavors of ice cream!


Brownies minus scraps
This ice cream in the first picture was simply the vanilla base that I made, with the addition of a salted caramel sauce I made where I added some whiskey.

After the ice cream froze in my ice cream maker, I added some more of the caramel sauce & swirled it in. I am still working on that technique...

No comments:

Post a Comment