Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fug-Cakes

I was bored last weekend and I just wanted to try some different decorating ideas, specifically for frosting cupcakes. I had seen something I liked on  another blog and I wanted to try it.

I got carried away with stencils & sprinkles and crap...lol...I don't care for it at all!


I got some stencils that have polka dots & stripes - these work well with how I wanted to try frosting a cupcake. Bake a flat, slightly under filled cupcake, then frost flat - leaving space on top for many different, non-standard frosting ideas! Maybe you cannot tell, but these are actually frosted. Just put a blob of frosting on
top & used an off-set spatula to scrape off the excess. A pretty simple way to get a decent looking cupcake with out piping skills.

Now, you can also pipe on top of these, which I wanted to do...but I just didn't, because I found the stencils. So, next time that is what I will do
or make some discs out of royal icing and put those on top - I dunno...I don't particularly like the way these look, but at least I know, the one thing I wanted to try, works. Next time...I'll do this, but make 'em pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment