Saturday, July 2, 2011

Green Tea Cake w/White Chocolate Frosting & Pistachios

The Green Tea Cake, which spawned the tiniest Green Tea Cupcake, previously blogged about,  was completed this week!

Honestly, I don't have much to say about it! It was fun making the cake with Yuri & it was fun frosting it!




Both the cake & frosting recipe came from my favorite book by Matt Lewis called Baked.

The cake recipe was fine - I added the green tea powder. The frosting, on the other hand, was a little odd. I have never seen a recipe using flour & milk, rather than egg whites for the base of the buttercream. But, I went with it.

It was very, very loose. Like, I had to add more butter to it so it could be used on the side of the cake. It tasted fine, though. I am not sure if it was because of the weather, or if I did something wrong! But, needless to say, I will default to my standard frosting recipe (minus 1 stick of butter) through out the summer months!

No comments:

Post a Comment