Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lemon Pound Cake trials

I have been trying to find a Lemon Pound Cake recipe for what seems like EVER. I don't like a gritty, rough texture and that is what I have always ended up with until now!!!

My brother's birthday was June 22nd & since I was visiting over the 4th of July, I asked him what he wanted - something lemon.


Knowing I had never truly found success with this, I researched pound cake recipes. This one seemed much different than any I had ever tried! It was actually a very weird recipe to me...but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. I followed the directions exactly, but added in some lemon zest (from 4 lemons) and some lemon flavoring (1 t).
OMG, look at that perfect pound cake?! Nice and brown with the perfect, silky texture and no holes or grittiness (which you can't see, obviously). 

I topped it with a lemon simple syrup (to keep from being dry) and then a lemon glaze...and then with candied lemon slices. I rather liked it.
Not so sure my brother liked it...but whatever! It was fun to make & I am SO thrilled I found a recipe that makes a pound cake the way it should be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment