Saturday, July 30, 2011

Roasted Strawberries & Buttermilk Ice Cream - From Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream book

So, this was the first (of what seems like a million!) ice cream I made from my new favorite book! Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams - might be the best book I have ever purchased! Mainly, because of the base recipe & how perfect the texture of the ice cream is. Of course, all of the insane, unique flavor combs, are fun, too!

This was the most 'normal' flavor I found in the book (beyond chocolate & vanilla), so I thought it would be perfect to make & bring to work to see what people though...

Mid-freeze
Good  reviews from all who tried! Personally, I liked this Strawberry flavored ice cream because it did NOT call for vanilla - which seems to make things taste like a shake - you know, a strawberry shake from somewhere like McDonalds? I am not saying that is bad, just not what I was going for!


swirled w/strawberry sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment