Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cake Balls on a Stick

So, due to my OCD with baking things, I made these last night. No real need for them...but when do you need cake on a stick? Probably not really ever. But what the heck?!

nutella cake balls coated in ganache

These are SO easy to make, people. 
1) Bake cake of your choice (you can use a box...but please don't say I said it was ok...)
2) Dump cake, right out of oven, into large bowl
3) Add jar of Nutella (or peanut butter or almond butter...cream cheese frosting...butter cream...) to bowl
4) Mix and squish together
5) Let cool, or you might burn your hands
6) Use ice cream scooper to make balls - any size you want
7) Put a stick in them
8) Freeze for at least an hour
9) Dip in ganache*
10) Put on tray & pop back in freezer to set

*ganache is 1 part chocolate & 1 part heavy cream. Don't know how to make it? google it:-) or let me know and I'll write it out!

1 comment: