Tuesday, June 14, 2011

JarCakes are the new Cupcakes.

I have a new obsession. Baking cupcakes in jars. Why? Why not?! Every time I bake something, I want it to be something I haven't done before. Not super realistic or practical of me, right? Well, I came across this when trying to figure out how I could ship cupcakes to friends with out some crazy, specially made cupcake shipping contraption. The JarCake is cute, portable, shippable and just kinda fun.

Here is my second attempt at this. Still figuring out just how full to fill the jars with batter...but it worked! Better to be a little under than over, or you won't be able to put the lid on!

red velvet cupcake (rvc) w/cream cheese frosting (ccf)

The recipe I used for this batch of cupcakes (made 36) can be found here. I have to say I am not personally a huge rcv fan, but apparently it is like, the thing to like. It has made a comeback - I read that somewhere. So, hopefully co-workers will tell me this doesn't taste like crap! It would be so unfortunate to make crappy tasting cupcakes for a co-worker's birthday!

sprinkled w/chocolate & cocoa crisps

At least I can always attempt to make a cupcake, regardless of the flavor, look decent! It is challenging to pipe into a friggin' jar - but practice...I will a lot, I am sure! So, let me know if you need any JarCakes as I am sure I will have more than enough to share with you in the near future!

all lined up!

No comments:

Post a Comment