Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fugly Flan

My friend requested that I make flan. I have never made it before, but whatever! I like trying new things! I went with this recipe as it was the first one that came up when I used the magic google searchy thing. Review seemed ok. I didn't read them all, though...

So, the picture doesn't look as fug as this actually was! Here is why I had issues...

The recipe calls for you to use a 9 in. glass pan (pie). Umm, the entire recipe actually over fills the pan. Also, the recipe didn't suggest a water bath - which, is sort of needed.

Regardless, this turned out well enough and by the slice, it looks ok. I would never bring this to work or anything!

I can't recall if I have ever had flan before...so I ate a tiny slice of this. It was decent. Almost like a light creme brulee with caramel on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment