Sunday, June 26, 2011

An unusual post for me - Peach Coleslaw

Most of the time, I wouldn't bother posting my daily food makings here...because what I eat is boring. Eggs, chicken, broccoli...avocado, bacon, eggs, more eggs...some sort of egg/coconut flow pancake, protein shakes...yeah, it is pretty not exciting.

However, I like fruit a lot, so I decided to make this Stone Fruit Coleslaw. Since I was only able to find peaches that weren't perfectly ripe (slightly under-ripe is what is called for), that is what I used. It would have looked great to use plums, or nectarines, too.


It kind of looks like a bowl of sweet potato fries...lol. Anyhow, the ginger and rice wine vinegar make this pretty refreshing & much better that something soaked in a weird, mayo-ish dressing (I don't like regular coleslaw). 

There were a number of non-traditional coleslaw recipes in this month's Bon Appetite - I think the kale one is calling my name next...

No comments:

Post a Comment