Friday, June 24, 2011

Corn Flakes 'n' Stuff Cookies

I am kind of obsessed with baking a cookie that has a particular texture. It is sort of hard to describe, it came from the same place as yesterday's cookie inspiration, Milk Bar. Their chocolate chocolate chip & blueberries & cream cookies had this fudge-like, dense texture. Lots of butter & sugar should help with this. Almost like they weren't really baked.

CornFlakes, Marshmallows & Chocolate Chips

So, the Junk in the Trunk Cookies were YUM! But, not the texture I was after...these are much closer! I think my addition of corn flakes is what caused it to not be exactly what I was looking for - so maybe I just need to try this recipe with out the crunchy stuff!

Of course, I didn't follow this exactly as written - instead of dried blueberries, I added 1.5 C of corn flakes, 1/2 C of chopped marshmallows & 1/2 C chocolate chips.

I have to say...they taste pretty amazing! But, next time...(tomorrow?!) I will try this base recipe with out the extras and see how it turns out!

My real issue with this, is all of the stuff in the cookie is causing them to bake in somewhat random shapes! I need perfect circles! I can't help it. I just do.

No comments:

Post a Comment